Prince Street Grafton, an Early Photograph
2nd Great-grandmother – Maternal mother’s line of Randall Family
When Isabella Marion Cowan was born in 1869 in Grafton, New South Wales, her father, James, was 29 and her mother, Isabella, was 26. She married Edward Emanuel Randall on 16 August 1892, in her hometown. They had six children in 16 years. She died on 15 June, 1929 in Armidale, New South Wales, at the age of 60, and was buried there.
Portrait photo of Isabella Marion Cowan c.1920’s
Parents of Isabella Marion Cowan
Childhood in Grafton
Her father was a farmer in South Grafton. In 1871, Isabella aged two, was living with her mother, father and sister Jessie, when her brother James was born. In the following years other siblings were born; Archibald (1874), Ethel (1878) and Clarabell (1881). However, from 1875, Isabella’s father James was suffering from gastritis and debility and he passed away on 15 January 1881, at the age of 40.
Siblings of Isabella Marion Cowan
- Jessie Alexandrina Cowan [1865-1942]
- William Cowan [1867-1891]
- James Cowan [1871-1935]
- Archibald Cowan [1874-1954]
- Ethel Blanch Cowan [b.1878]
- Clarabell Cowan [b.1881]
Isabella Marion Cowan married Edward Emanuel Randall on 16 August 1892, in Grafton, New South Wales, when she was 23 years old.
Edward Emanuel Randall married Isabella Marion Cowan on 16th August, 1892, in the Manse at St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church Grafton
Children of Edward Emanuel Randall and Isabella Marion Cowan
Six children were born to Edward and Isabella Randall at various locations, during a period of 16 years from 1893 to 1909:
- Lionel Eric was born on 1 May 1893, in Grafton, New South Wales, passed away February 1962 in Richmond River, New South Wales
- Herbert Cyril Raymond was born in 1894 in Casino, New South Wales, passed away 24 June, 1973 in St Leonards, New South Wales
- Ruby Norma was born on 2 June, 1897 in Glen Innes, New South Wales, passed away 17 April, 1980 in Pendle Hill, New South Wales
- Vivien Doris was born on 15March 1902, in Emmaville, New South Wales, passed away 23 December 1972, in Manilla, New South Wales
- Mona Leola was born on 25 May 1904, in Armidale, New South Wales, passed away in 1979 in New South Wales
- Sybil Daphne was born in 1909 in Uralla, New South Wales, passed away 20 December 1982, in Sutherland,
Residence and Police Business
Because Edward worked with the New South Wales Police Force, he and his family were stationed at the northern New South Wales centres of Woodenbong, Grafton, Glen Innes, Emmaville, Guy Fawkes, Uralla and Armidale. For nearly fifteen years he was Officer-In-Charge at Uralla. Following her marriage to Edward they moved frequently to the above towns in New South Wales.
Isabella Marion Cowan died on 15 June 1929, in Armidale, New South Wales, at the age of 60. She had been married to Edward for 36 years. She was buried on the 16 June 1929, at the Presbyterian Cemetery, Armidale, New South Wales, Australia.
Death of Isabella Marion Randall published in the Uralla Times