Bridget Flanagan and John Cleary were married by Peter Piquet at St. Patrick’s Church, Sydney. This photo shows the interior and exterior of the church c.1880s and priest Peter Piquet.
Great-grandmother – Paternal mother’s line of Cleary Family
When Bridget Flanagan and her twin brother John were born on 18 October 1867, in Parramatta, New South Wales, their father, Thomas, was 39 and their mother, Mary, was 37. She married John Cleary on 10 February 1890, in Sydney, New South Wales. They had 14 children during their marriage. She died on 15 May 1920, in Parramatta, New South Wales, at the age of 52.
Bridget Flanagan’s Ancestor Fan Chart
Siblings of Bridget Flanagan
- Bridget Flanagan [1855-1855]
- Maria Flanagan [1857-1882]
- Mary Ellen Flanagan [1859-]
- Jane Flanagan [1861-]
- Thomas Francis Flanagan [1863-1926]
- James Flanagan [1865-1867]
- John Flanagan [1867-1901] – Bridget and John were “twins”
- Ellen Flanagan [1870-]
Bridget Flanagan married John Cleary on 10 February 1890, at St. Patricks, Church Hill, in Sydney, New South Wales, when she was 22 years old. At the time of their marriage Bridget was employed as a General Servant and John was a Hospital Attendant at Parramatta Mental Hospital.
Children of John Cleary and Bridget Flanagan
- Birth and Death of Daughter: Her daughter Ellen May was born in 1892 in New South Wales. Three years later, Ellen May passed away in Parramatta, New South Wales, at the age of 3. Ellen May Cleary (1892–1895)
- Residence: At the time of Lucy’s birth on 4 May 1893 Bridget Flanagan and her husband John Cleary lived in Westmead, New South Wales.
- Birth and Death of Son: Her son John William was born in 1895 in Parramatta, New South Wales. John William passed away at less than a year old in 1895. John William Cleary (1895–1895)
- Death of Father: Bridget’s father Thomas passed away on 5 February 1896, in Westmead, New South Wales, at the age of 68. Thomas Flanagan (1828–1896)
- Birth and Death of Son: Her son Harold Silvester was born in 1897 in Parramatta, New South Wales. Harold Silvester passed away in 1899 in Parramatta, New South Wales, at the age of 2. Harold Silvester Cleary (1897–1899)
- Death of Son: Peter, a son of John and Bridget Cleary passed away in 1900 in Granville, New South Wales. Date of birth has not been verified yet.
- Death of Brother: Bridget’s brother John died in 1901 in Parramatta, New South Wales when Bridget was 34 years old. John Flanagan (1867–1901)
- Death of Mother: Bridget’s mother Mary passed away on 21 December 1909, in Westmead, New South Wales, at the age of 80. Mary Conlan (1829–1909)
- Birth and Death of Daughter: Her daughter Eva May was born in 1910. Eva May passed away in 1912 in Parramatta, New South Wales, at the age of 2. (Eva May Cleary 1910–1912)
- Marriage Reginald Williamson and Lucy Jane Cleary: Her daughter Lucy Jane Cleary married Reginald George Williamson on 30 July 1912, in New South Wales, when she was 19 years old.
- Marriage Edwin Walter Emperor Kelly and Catherine Maria Cleary: Her daughter Catherine Maria Cleary married Edwin Walter Emperor Kelly on 26 February 1916, in Granville, New South Wales, when she was 25 years old.
Bridget Flanagan died on 15 May 1920, in Parramatta, New South Wales, when she was 52 years old.
Burial: Bridget Cleary was buried in the Roman Catholic section of Rookwood Cemetery on 17 May 1920. Bridget was buried in old Catholic section (M1 – N – 448) of Rookwood Cemetery. Her husband John and three of her children are buried in the same plot.