Stanley died at the Lidcombe State Hospital. [Click image to see original document]
A Timeline of great-uncle “Uncle Stan” – Paternal mother’s line of Cleary Family
When Stanley Joseph Cleary was born on 23 January 1899, in Parramatta, New South Wales, his father, John, was 31 and his mother, Bridget, was 31. He married Elizabeth Brennan in 1925 in North Parramatta, New South Wales. He died on 6 December 1976, in New South Wales, at the age of 77, and was buried in North Rocks, New South Wales.
Stanley was the sixth born of 13 children to John and Bridget Cleary. Prior to his birth on 23 January 1899, his older siblings in birth order were:
- 1890 Birth (Sister) – Catherine Maria Cleary, 26 October 1890 at Parramatta;
- 1892 Birth (Sister) – Ellen May Cleary, 1892, in New South Wales;
- 1893 Birth (Sister) – Lucy Jane Cleary, 4 May 1893, at Westmead;
- 1895 Birth (Brother) – John William Cleary, 1895, at Parramatta; and,
- 1897 Birth (Brother) – Harold Silvester Cleary, 1897, at Parramatta. Harold died two years later in 1899 when Stanley was less than a year old
Stanley was born at Good Street, Westmead, on 23 January 1899, in Parramatta, New South Wales to Bridget Flanagan and John Cleary.
The following Timeline for Stanley Joseph Cleary records the major events of his life.
- 1900 Birth (Sister) Ella Cecilia Cleary at Parramatta;
- 1900 Death (Brother) Peter Cleary at Granville;
- 1902 Birth (Sister) Mona Anastasia Cleary on 7 December 1902;
- 1904 Birth (Brother) Robert James Cleary on 7 April 1904 at Parramatta;
- 1906 Birth (Brother) John Timothy Cleary;
- 1907 Birth (Brother) Silvester Thomas Cleary;
- 1910 Birth (Sister) Eva May Cleary;
- 1912 Death (Sister)Eva May Cleary at Parramatta;
- 1912 Marriage (Sister) Lucy Jane Cleary to Reginald George Williamson on 30 July 1912 at The Manse, Congregational Church, Grafton Street, Woollahra;
- 1916 Marriage (Sister) Catherine Maria Cleary to Edwin Walter Emperor Kelly on 26 February 1916 at Holy Trinity Roman Catholic Church, Granville;
- Death of Mother – Bridget Flanagan. Stanley Joseph Cleary was aged 20 when his mother Bridget died on 15 May 1920 at Clifford Street, North Parramatta, New South Wales;
- 1925 Death (Sister) Ella Cecilia Cleary at Parramatta, New South Wales, Australia
Stanley Joseph Cleary married Francis Elizabeth Brennan on 18 April 18 1925 at St Monica’s Roman Catholic Church in North Parramatta, New South Wales, when he was 26 years old and she was 20 years old. They had five children during their marriage.
- 1933 Death (Sister) Lucy Jane Cleary on 8 Jan 1933 at Randwick, New South Wales, Australia;
- 1943 of Father – John Cleary. Stanley Joseph Cleary was aged 44 when his father John passed away on 22 November 1943, in Trott Street, North Parramatta, New South Wales, at the age of 76;
- 1950-1976 Stanley Joseph Cleary resided at North Parramatta, New South Wales;
- 1963 Death (Brother) John Timothy Cleary died in 1963 in New South Wales, when he was 57 years old;
- 1971 Death (Sister) Mona Anastasia Cleary died on 2 October 1971, in Parramatta Hospital, New South Wales when Stanley Joseph was 72 years old.
Stanley Joseph Cleary died on 6 December 1976, at Lidcombe Hospital, New South Wales, when he was 77 years old. He was buried in the North Rocks Cemetery, New South Wales, Australia.
His wife, Frances Elizabeth Cleary died on 7 March 1996 aged 92 years. She was buried with Stan at the North Rocks Cemetery in Section B, Row 5, Grave 8.