Modified and cropped view of Edinburgh Castle from St Cuthberts Churchyard, click image to see original photograph
3rd Great-grandfather – Paternal father’s line of Williamson Family
Thomas Fallside was born in about 1787, in Scotland. Unfortunately we have not been able to identify his parents at this time.
Thomas and Rachel may have married at St Cuthbert’s Church, Edinburgh
Residence of Thomas from 1819 to 1835
- Inveresk, Midlothian, Scotland on 24 December 1819.
- St Cuthbert’s, Midlothian, Scotland on 24 August 1823 – 15 October 1832.
Fan Chart showing the children of Thomas Fallside and Rachel Downie
Birth of and death Daughter – Mary Fallside 1825–1905
His daughter Mary Fallside was our direct ancestor, she was born on 23 October, 1825, in St Cuthbert’s, Midlothian, Scotland. Mary is thought to have passed away on 31 August 1904, in Glasgow, Scotland at the age of 78.
The other children of Thomas and Mary were:
- Margaret Fallside, born in 1819 and baptised on 24 December 1819 at Inveresk with Musselburgh, Midlothian, Scotland;
- John Fallside, born in 1822 at Inveresk Midlothian, Scotland and died on 24 June 1884 at Newington, Midlothian, Scotland;
- George Fallside, born on 11 August 1823 at St Cuthberts, Midlothian, Scotland and died on 2 April 1876 at Islington, Middlesex, England;
- Mary Fallside, our direct ancestor – see comment above;
- Rachel Downie Fallside, born on 2 December 1827 at St Cuthberts, Midlothian, Scotland and died on 7 March 1905 at Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland; and,
- Eliza Tawse, born on 15 September 1832 at St Cuthberts, Midlothian, Scotland.
Thomas is thought to have passed away on 22 January 1835 at St Cuthberts, Midlothian, Scotland.