Engraving of Dunfermline Mill [Modifed & Cropped – click picture to see original]
3rd Great grandmother 1789–
Rachel Downie was born on 13 June 1789, in Dunfermline, Fife, the child of James and Mary. She married Thomas Fallside on 7 September 1819, in Edinburgh, Midlothian. They had six children in 13 years. She moved two times during her lifetime. She lived in Inveresk, Midlothian, in 1819 and moved to Edinburgh, Midlothian, by 1861.
Rachel was born on 13 June 1789, in Dunfermline, Fife, Scotland to Mary Walker, age 30, and James Downie, age 31. She was baptized on 26 June 1789 at United Association Burgh Seceders, Limekilns, Fife, Scotland.
Parents of Rachel Downie
Thomas and Rachel may have married at St Cuthbert’s Church, Edinburgh
Children of Thomas and Rachel Fallside
- Margaret Fallside, born in 1819 and baptised on 24 December 1819 at Inveresk with Musselburgh, Midlothian, Scotland;
- John Fallside, born in 1822 at Inveresk Midlothian, Scotland and died on 24 June 1884 at Newington, Midlothian, Scotland;
- George Fallside, born on 11 August 1823 at St Cuthberts, Midlothian, Scotland and died on 2 April 1876 at Islington, Middlesex, England;
- Mary Fallside, our direct ancestor – CLICK to see full details about Mary;
- Rachel Downie Fallside, born on 2 December 1827 at St Cuthberts, Midlothian, Scotland and died on 7 March 1905 at Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland; and,
- Eliza Tawse, born on 15 September 1832 at St Cuthberts, Midlothian, Scotland.
Residence of Rachel Downie from 1819 to 1871
- Inveresk, Midlothian, Scotland on 24 December 1819.
- St Cuthbert’s, Midlothian, Scotland on 24 August 1823 – 15 October 1832.
- 34 Barony Street, Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland on 7 April 1861.
- Edinburgh Newington, Midlothian, Scotland on 2 April 1871.