When Andrew Hindmarsh was born in 1728 in Alnwick, Northumberland, his father, Michael, was 31 and his mother, Jane, was 28.
Eleanor Reed was born in 1727 in Alnwick, Northumberland. Information about her parents is not known. An alternative year of birth circa 1733, in Northumberland, England is under review.
Andrew Hindmarsh married Eleanor Reed on 7th July 1757, in Alnwick, Northumberland, England. At the time of their marriage, Andrew was 29 years old and Eleanor was 30 years old. They had six children during their marriage.
Children of Andrew and Eleanor Hindmarsh
Six children were born to Andrew and Eleanor of Alnwick, Northumberland, England during a period of eight years from 1758 to 1766:
- Isabel Hindmarsh, born 30th June 1758
- George Hindmarsh, our direct ancestor, George, was born 1st August 1759. He married Alice Urpeth on 3rd January 1791 and passed away on 16th February 1805
- Michael Hindmarsh, born 1760, passed away 26th September 1823
- Matthew Hindmarsh, born 1761
- William Hindmarsh, born 15th July 1764
- Ann Hindmarsh, baptized 27th July 1766, passed away about 1809
Andrew lived in Alnwick, Northumberland, England, about 1768.
Andrew Hindmarsh died on the 2nd February 1789 at Alnwick when he was 61 years old; and,
Eleanor Hinmarsh née Reed died in April 1804 and was buried at Corbridge, Northumberland, England on 19th April 1804.